What Happens in a Therapy Session?
Treatment, although unique to each individuals needs, does follow a basic structure, which includes providing information on the treatment itself, agreeing a working contract and using assessment tools.
- Introduction and working contract
- Risk assessment
- Other assessment tools as appropriate eg CORE, Depression Inventory, Anxiety Inventory
- Clients view of the problem
- Clients problem in CBT Model
- Appropriate workbooks may be given to aid understanding
- Information on appropriate reading material or websites may be given
- Homework between sessions to gain more information